Sunday, October 11, 2020

Are You Tired of Misery in your Life?

"In every moment, there is a reason to carry on - this is a transitory moment and it will not be like this forever."



1985 … Los Angeles 

The Hair Band era has just begun, cocaine is the drug du jour and as the first girl hired at the iconic Hollywood Guitar Center, Taylor Van Arsdale was given a front-row seat to a parade of dreamers, druggies, and misfits flocking to the store. But in this world of — yes — sex, drugs, and rock ‘n’ roll, is also the story of a young girl discovering herself, making mistakes, falling in and out of love, and becoming a woman.

Her career began as the first girl hired at the famed Hollywood Guitar Center, and her debut narrative award-winning non-fiction, Cocaine To Bain: Sex, Drugs, Rock ‘n’ Roll, and the Inside Story of the Hollywood Guitar Centeris the culmination of that drug-drenched year.


Are you tired of the misery in your life?

Don't miss any part of Taylor's story - listen here:

In Taylor's words: "I have been truly blessed in so many ways—I mean, we all go through trauma. It’s inevitable. I’ve always tried to look at the positive side of things. But I also think we bring negativity to ourselves. You get to a point where you are like, “I don’t want any more misery in my life,” and you start eliminating things that make you unhappy.

I was with a really bad man for a long time and got sick of being hurt and unhappy (not my husband, but after him), and I kept thinking, “Why am I continuing on this path?

So I changed the locks and booted him out.” I had no money, no job, I didn’t know how I was going to pay my rent, but I thought, “I have to get out of this situation and no good will come to me until I do.” That’s the thing, for me it was, “I have to put my faith into believing that God will help me somehow.” When I finally took steps to improve my life, that’s when my life started getting better."


TAYLOR VAN ARSDALE RECEIVED HER BA in Screenwriting magna cum laude from Loyola Marymount University while working concurrently in film development at HBO, Los Angeles. She then served two seasons as a script consultant for NBC Universal before devoting 10 years to the field of journalism. Her work has been published in: Santa Monica Daily Press, Creative Screenwriting Magazine, Malibu Times Magazine, Music Scene Magazine, University Link Magazine, Music & Mayhem, Westside People, and Cheapism.com.

As a screenwriter, she has penned original works and adaptation, including a commission for the New York Times Bestseller, A Conspiracy of Paper by David Liss. She has lectured on writing throughout California.




Rife with celebrity encounters, sexual tension, emotional crises, and laugh-out-loud moments, Cocaine To Bain is an eye-opening view of coming of age in a time and place like no other.

BUY HER IMAGINATIVE BOOK HERE



Rife with celebrity encounters, sexual tension, emotional crises, and laugh-out-loud moments, Cocaine To Bain is an eye-opening view of coming of age in a time and place like no other. 

















CONNECT WITH TAYLOR HERE:


Writing Services

For Screenwriters

For Novelists

Original Artwork



Personal Website

FaceBook

Instagram


Check Out her Movie Trailer here






4 comments:

  1. I love success stories that scream, "There is hope, no matter how low in life you have fallen." Thanks for sharing Taylor's story. I'm sure it will inspire and lift someone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Each of my guests have an inspiring story. Hope you will check them out.

      Delete
  2. You have piqued my interest. When this blog challenge is done I will look into some of the books you are reviewing. (I had to look up how to spell piqued)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great. Each of my guests has a wonderful and inspiring story.

      Delete